Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thrifstore shoes, shorts etc

This is Sunday, the first day of Advent and last day of the Thanksgiving weekend.  Back to school/ work tomorrow.  The highlights of the long weekend are as follows:

We had to ditch James' fidget spinners. There was a report that they may contain dangerous amounts of lead.  So we rounded them up and put them in the trash. Bye bye....






A got a juice shop in Pasadena called Movita to give me their carrot peels etc for our compost.  And they say they will save more for me next Saturday. We'll see.

Today, James and I did some 100 yard sprints over at the PHS track.  We planned on doing 10, but did 6.  Still, it was a good first start.  For the earlier ones, our times were 19 seconds, and then slowed to about 20 seconds for the last one.  Then we went to Hamilton Park and played a little tennis.  I have not trained him in this sport, but the young man played enthusiastically.

Then we went to a thrftstore called Savers in Arcadia. I got a new old pair of beater running shoes for the yard and dusty walking trails for $7. The shoes are worn a bit around the heel but comfortable.  They're better than my current beater shoes, as those have a hole.




I also got sports shorts for $3.  These are very similar to the ones I have.  There are no holes but the elastic band is stretched out.  So what.  These are much better than my current sports shorts, which have holes in the pockets.  Stuff falls out.


The trick with these used things is to see how much quality wear you get for what you pay.  Let's see how long they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment